Last Friday was our little girl Maddie’s 3rd birthday. We cannot believe that she’s growing up so fast and is now legal to drink, in dog years! Being crazy dog parents, we bought banners and balloons and put on some happy birthday jams for her, and baked her a delicious Apple Peanut Butter Cake – which is also human friendly, so if you’d like you can eat along with your pup!
We were deciding back and forth on whether we should just buy her some healthy treats from our local dog shop but we opted for a healthy homemade birthday cake this year, because who doesn’t love homemade desserts?? As you know, we monitor every food item that we give Maddie and only give her the best of the best, so we researched and came up with this 4 ingredient cake. Be careful though, because this contains peanut butter, it is an occasional treat for your pup.
A whopping 4 ingredients and 20 minutes later, and out popped a miniature sized cake that smelled absolutely delicious – we almost baked another for ourselves, but instead we just tried some of Maddie’s 🙂
The best part about this cake is that you can make them into mini cupcakes and freeze them for treats or share them with to the neighborhood pups! Don’t forget to tag us @bonemugsharmony in your puppy pictures and comment below letting us know how they liked this treat!
- 1/2 medium organic apple, diced
- 4 tbsp organic raw, sugar-free peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (in large quantities it can be harmful, but a minute won’t cause any issues for your pup)
- 1 free-range organic egg
- cinnamon, for topping
- Dice apple finely.
- Place all ingredients into a ramekin and mix until fully combined.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.
- Top with extra peanut butter or cinnamon, optional.
- Take a picture of your pup eating their cake and tag us in it!!