Trying to get back on track after all of your holiday indulgences? These turkey meatballs and cauliflower rice are a quick and tasty fix!
With trying to stay lower carb and grain-free, we have incorporated cauliflower rice as a staple in our diets. However, it can get boring and bland VERY quick, so we had to be creative with our recipes. Here, we decided to do an ‘Italian spin’ with the tomato basil and meatballs. This meal is perfect for a lunch or mid-afternoon meal.
As you can see above, we meal prepped these for our lunches. It took about 35 minutes total time, including the baking time to prep 4 containers for the week, not too bad!
*Meatballs* • 1 LB ground turkey • 1/2 cup spinach, chopped •1/2 white onion, diced •1 garlic clove, minced •1 large egg •Italian seasoning, to taste.
*Cauli Rice* • 2 lbs riced cauliflower (TraderJoe’s sells bags for about $2.50) • 3/4 cup tomato paste, salt-free• 1 tsp onion powder • 2 gloves garlic, minced • 2 tsp dried oregano •1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350° and place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Mix all meatball ingredients, roll into balls
- Bake for 20-25 mins and enjoy!
- While the meatballs are baking, prep the cauli rice.
- Microwave the riced cauliflower for about 4-5 minutes, until softened
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into the softened cauliflower and pair with the meatballs! ** you may need to add a little bit of broth to the tomato paste to give it more of a sauce consistency to mix all ingredients together and coat all of the cauliflower.
Give it a try and let us know what you think, don’t forget to tag us in your creations on Instagram @bonemugsandharmony